Monday, August 3, 2009

Product Alert: Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner

Okay, Shamboosie recommends Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner. I'm going to add Therappe Luxurious Hydrating Shampoo to the line up also. I used to use Nexxus products a long time ago, because my brother loved them. I think I'm addicted to conditioners now, so I'll need a big ass bottle. I'm not going to get into all that "anti-cones" stuff. My hair just likes water and conditioners, and now, extra virgin olive oil. I can't wait to get some glycerin, rosewater, and jojoba oil to make my own moisturizer. This is so exciting! I've got to get a Product Wish List started.

Okay... back... wish list is done. I also just remembered that I didn't like the way Humectress smelled. Maybe I can add an essential oil to it. I'm not going to go all out on the Miss Jessie's and Kinky Curly products until my hair is at least ear/bob length. I'll stick with the stuff I can get at Walgreens, Wal-Mart, CVS, and other locales.

I added new month pictures to the hair growth album. I'm so encouraged, but the hair crack is calling me... I'd better hurry up and put that mongolian on!

2 comments:

  1. hi Dana!!! Gia(Afro68 on BHM)here. Tell me, are you using this for your units or natural hair, or both? well either way, i am using 100% unrefined shea butter and then i mix with EVOO on my units for condition. it really works well. the sheen and softmess is lovely. Im going to also try it on my baby girls hair on their next poo(love when Nufsayd use this, lolol) and condition. only drawback is that you reallly have to wash the unit 1000x to make sure its all out. if not, it will give a greasy feel after its dried. im not really into paying alot for conditioners, so i try and find natural products. im going to get some of the items you listed as well to from our Whole Foods, too. As always, your blogs continue to move me. Thanks girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use it on my natural hair. I use Tressemme Moisturizing shampoo/conditioners on my unit (I ran out so I've been using HE Hello Hydration on them). I've been talking about my natural hair more than my "protective style". I'm really excited about growing my own hair out. I don't put any oils on my units. To style, I'll either use Biosilk Serum or Dove Curl Mousse. It's like my blog is transitioning also... lol.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget